Tuesday 3 January 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR - a bit late I know

Having been away for 2 weeks, this is the first chance I have had to tell you about the amazing buddies I have seen. To begin with, we decided (that's DH and I) to buy seed and fat balls etc for the birds that would visit our pitch. Believe me, we spent a fortune and it was worth every penny. We had
a robin
at least 14 long tailed tits
umpteen great tits
several blue tits
a magpie
coal tits galore
a green finch
at least 3 bullfinches
either Mrs robin or sparrows (but not tree sparrows) and
a blackbird
I tried and tried to take photos but it was so difficult through the motorhome window. However, here is one I did manage:
I think that's a bluetit enjoying the last of the Bill Oddie fat tower.
Along the Tees were plenty of cormorants and the odd duck or two around the barrage, but when we went to Newcastle, there was also a sea lion or seal, not sure because as soon as I managed to get my phone ready to take a photo, he/she had disappeared under the Tyne bridge!!
I thoroughly enjoyed getting so close to the gorgeous little birds, but who have you been crafting with lately. Leave a comment with a link back to your blog so we can have a peep.

No comments:

Post a Comment